• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit drag maiden voyage

deleted_user01

Since I have a tree trunk mounted in my shop for practice. I was able to modify my sitdrag/platform and practice safely a foot off the ground for a couple weeks after work each night, feel very comfortable in it.
Tonight I was invited to a new property for intensive harvest of antlerless deer. Wind blowing about 30mph with gusts to almost 40. After setting 4 sticks and my platform with 3 screws, was in hunting mode in about 4 - 5 minutes. We sat till dark with nothing sited. Farmer came out to meet us after we got to the truck and told us a group of 40-45 was on adjacent property on the other side of the woodline....
Tomorrow night should go better.

The farmer figures about 30-35% loss of crops due to deer. The DNR issued a 50 deer permit last year as well as another 50 this year. You cant imagine the trails and tracks!!
I set up 25 yds from a 5 way merge of trails to a single. After I set up at height, there was hardly a square foot of area without a track between the trails for as far as I could see into the woods...I have never seen anything like it.

Back