• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitdrag Back Support Mod

Tracker15

Has anyone done a Sitdrag back support mod that they like more than the strap that comes along with it? If you have done a modification that you like can you please share pics and a little bit about what you used etc?

Thanks Rick

I did. I'm really slacking and need to write something up to share. I have been pm'd about it and haven't had time to get it done. Been working tons
I have a Ernie outdoors linesman belt that I put inside a molle belt. It's pretty fantastic. I

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

I did. I'm really slacking and need to write something up to share. I have been pm'd about it and haven't had time to get it done. Been working tons
I have a Ernie outdoors linesman belt that I put inside a molle belt. It's pretty fantastic. I

Sent from my
At 20' up

Please post pics it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I want to see what you've got cooking and get one done up before I start practicing this summer from the saddle.

Guys I work with 5.11 Tactical and am in meetings this week. Is this item something similar to what you're using for back support for sitdrag. Sorry to drag it out of you but still no pics.

bccb7fe6a5865a38749b46b7616ef6eb.jpg

41cb5fe8d7bcfc11714d0766f13b52d5.jpg

Yes almost exactly like that I have a Ernie's outdoors linesman through the middle and a couple of dump pouches. I just got my ropeman and will be eliminating 1 carabiner to help with the weight. When I get set up I just put the rope in the same carabiner with my bridge works like a charm
b66f2a744bd68890aa1a4941b468a5fb.jpg
6ec01001d3840cf62302a057b6cbfaf6.jpg
2341670ac6ef705543291c67ba0f5166.jpg
c1a839e56c113dff176b304af1b904c3.jpg
bd5eaa8446249210e5d669494a0ae74f.jpg
5dd1cd90462e05a9a64e5ed65531b98f.jpg

It's hard for me to get good pics my phone is broke and can only take selfies!! Lol

Sent from my
At 20' up

Guys I work with 5.11 Tactical
You just became my best friend!!! I just ruined 2 pair of Ridgelines this week :(

That looks like it would work well, not so sure about adding weight ie pouches and stuff to the back support. The shape of it looks good and if using webbing would work really well.

Thanks,
Boswell

The one you have it the pic will work great it looks shorter than mine which I was looking for and mine has Velcro in it which I hate but it hasn't made any noise in the wood yet. Good luck
This is the one I have but black
http://tacticalgear.com/condor-gen-...KY5dMCFdm6wAodGGUJ0g#/22482/2332,13628/1&dl=b

I got my linesman from Ernie on this forum. It's well built and works flawlessly
8e0da640294829d5412b1fa35f6e1de6.jpg

b2d7c7aa24fd79db374c6b9d768a8cc7.jpg

Sent from my
At 20' up

Here is the belt I shared from 5.11. It comes in 3 sizes.
a74f8ae734597268bd9aa98a04505386.png

I use a small 1" strap with small biners on each side that connect to prussic knots made of paracord on my bridge. I can adjust them up high when I want to sit and lean back into the back strap and I can slide them down when I think I will be shooting so it's out of the way. Very simple but adds a lot of comfort for long sits.

I use a small 1" strap with small biners on each side that connect to prussic knots made of paracord on my bridge. I can adjust them up high when I want to sit and lean back into the back strap and I can slide them down when I think I will be shooting so it's out of the way. Very simple but adds a lot of comfort for long sits.

Any pics? Any links to biners you're using? From the sounds of it I like the way you have it hooked up.

Any pics? Any links to biners you're using? From the sounds of it I like the way you have it hooked up.
Here is a blog post that I did for the from here, if you skip to the 1:22 second area you can see the prussic system. Its the same style that I was running at the ATA this year as well.

Thanks,
Boswell

Boswell and Flinginairos are only using there's for back rest/support. Mine is also my linesman belt. I was going to set mine up exactly like theirs but went a slightly different route

Sent from my
At 20' up

Boswell and Flinginairos are only using there's for back rest/support. Mine is also my linesman belt. I was going to set mine up exactly like theirs but went a slightly different route

Sent from my
At 20' up

Thanks for the update. I'll be using mine solely as back support as well

Here is a blog post that I did for the from here, if you skip to the 1:22 second area you can see the prussic system. Its the same style that I was running at the ATA this year as well.

Thanks,
Boswell

Just watched video. Thanks for posting. That back support is going to be $$

I am going to try this self supporting turkey vest this year, I really like the storage in the back for all the gear.
33909641763_7537e8eafc_m.jpg

34678865176_83e48063e5_m.jpg

The front snaps around and holds the sit drag in place while climbing.
33909619073_e062e120d0_m.jpg

Back