• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitdrag for Squirrels

lukepighetti

Hey guys, decided to try using the Sitdrag on the ground to hunt squirrels. Man, it worked awesome! Once you get settled the whole forest wakes up and doesn't seem to care that you're swinging around. Plus, I can put my backpack on just like so and it works great. I was eating chili, drinking water, texting the lady, and hunting squirrels all from the comfort of my sling!

Attachments

• 14608056_10103329938618169_1162781672_n.jpg
    14608056_10103329938618169_1162781672_n.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 71
Nice. I looked around for a good tree to use it during dove season. was actually hoping to swing on it, facing the field where I was shooting. Hard to find that in a place where I wanted to hunt. But like how you were able to use it.

Hey guys, decided to try using the Sitdrag on the ground to hunt squirrels. Man, it worked awesome! Once you get settled the whole forest wakes up and doesn't seem to care that you're swinging around. Plus, I can put my backpack on just like so and it works great. I was eating chili, drinking water, texting the lady, and hunting squirrels all from the comfort of my sling!

Man just like shooting them at home lol

Oh I thought you had created a new sitdrag for our own Red squirrel. :cool:

Great idea. I had a thought last year about using mine for turkey hunting. Never actually tried it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works great for me. If I walk around I get busted. If I stand I get bored. So I walk around and get busted.

...set up camp in the Sitdrag and sit for an hour... move and do it again. Works way better than any method I've tried in the past.

I've never seen a SitDrag that looked like that...oh wait! It's stock?

I used my last year when I was trolling ridges and watching bottoms.....way better than a chair or cushion! I have got to order another one since I committed the one that I have to totally deer stand now!

I'll wear my saddle during archery season for scouting if it gets too close to sunset and I haven't found a tree I like but I'm in a area I like I'll just hang at ground level that evening.

I was surprised at how quiet the woods got when I carried in a 10-22 instead of a bow during a recent scouting session. The week before , a mile away, I almost had to wear earplugs from the chatter. #theyknow

I was surprised at how quiet the woods got when I carried in a 10-22 instead of a bow during a recent scouting session. The week before , a mile away, I almost had to wear earplugs from the chatter. #theyknow

No kidding. I have been so annoyed by squirrels I've drawn on them a few times. Then go back to hunt them and not a single chirp!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back