• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitdrag

bcsportsman

So I'm sure y'all are getting tired of all the questions about sitdrags. Well this is my first saddle season and I am using a sitdrag. But I just cannot seem to get my stuff in order. First couple questions I have. Are you using different ropes for linemans belts and tether? And what sizes are they? Second I cannot seem to keep my stuff organized. Things end up knotted and I'm untangling at my tree or in the air. How are you keeping thing organized?

I use a strap style linemans belt that I clip on with a carabiner on each end for my tether I use a static rope with a ropeman and a biner attached to my bridge with a prusik below that clipped to my rc harness I have a pouch big enough for my teather and linemans attached to my sitdrag it had two pockets my lineman is small enough to fit into the smaller one so I don't have issues with them getting tangled.... this is my first saddle season too you just got to play with different stuff and see what works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well to eliminate buying rope after rope and trying a while bunch of ideas on pouches I figured I'd ask first

Well to eliminate buying rope after rope and trying a while bunch of ideas on pouches I figured I'd ask first

I'm not 100% satisfied with my pouch but I already had it laying around eventually I'll buy some dump pouches from amazon.... and for the rope I just got static buy the foot from rei online because it was cheap but eventually I'll also upgrade that to Sampson predator

So I'm sure y'all are getting tired of all the questions about sitdrags. Well this is my first saddle season and I am using a sitdrag. But I just cannot seem to get my stuff in order. First couple questions I have. Are you using different ropes for linemans belts and tether? And what sizes are they? Second I cannot seem to keep my stuff organized. Things end up knotted and I'm untangling at my tree or in the air. How are you keeping thing organized?

I use different ropes for the linesman and the tether. I like staying attached at all times and wouldn’t recommend any other way. I use the muddy rope. I like it muddy rope it’s stiff and never tangles. I have dump pouches but could easily do without and wrap the rope like a carpenters extension cord, the dump pouches are a little quicker
b203c45539e77b5fe5460592c7e29d21.jpg

http://www.animatedknots.com/coiling/index.php

I use a figure eight coil or manually alternate the direction I coil depending on the length/diameter of cord I'm using. Always finish it like the animation. Usually works for me!

I never used the contractors style wrap like above, because other methods seem more compact.

For short lengths, just stuffing in a pouch works too.

Back