• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitka Gear Sizing, bigger guy

mn_booner

I am 6'4" and fluctuate between 250lbs and 260lbs. I wear 40x34 levis. Typically wear and XL or XLT or XXL hoody depending on the brand. I am looking at purchasing the Stratus set and Fanatic set. The Sitka stuff is spendy so I really want to make sure its going to fit good! What sizes do you all wear and what are your heights/weights?

Last edited:
I am 5'11" and anywhere from 180 - 200 lbs. I get all of my Sitka gear in XL size as it seems to run a bit on the small/snug side. Not sure if this helps for your particular situation, but my opinion would be to size up.

This does help. I have tried on the XL and XXL stuff and I can fit in the XL stuff but it's snug. All of their tops seem to run short too. The XXL stuff is so big in the chest and torso though, like comically big on me. But if you are wearing XL and I am a good 50 to 80 lbs heavier than you, I should probably just get the XXL stuff.

Any places near you where you can go try it on? If you’re buying new from Sitka they have a great return policy. Another option is Amazon Wardrobe, if you have Prime. You can order both sizes and they don’t charge you until you send back that which doesn’t fit. May not be available in all areas, but that’s what I did when I bought some elevated II LaCrosse hunting boots last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'3, 160 lbs., so don't have the same width as you, but close on height. I've found that their Medium Tall base layers fit me best, as their Medium stuff is way too short on me. In jackets and vests, the Large generally fits me better than Medium, in part because the arms are too skinny and the torso too short in every Medium jacket and vest I've tried on. I know this isn't exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, but I'm sharing my experience more to echo the sentiment above that sizing up is probably best if you're unsure, and I also recommend finding a place to try stuff on if at all possible because not all Large garments by Sitka fit me similarly.

I am 6'4" and fluctuate between 250lbs and 260lbs. I wear 40x34 levis. Typically wear and XL or XLT or XXL hoody depending on the brand. I am looking at purchasing the Stratus set and Fanatic set. The Sitka stuff is spendy so I really want to make sure its going to fit good!
Good luck! The only thing I’ve found for technical gear that fits big & tall guys is Pnuma. I tried Sitka & first lite & it runs small. Got some great base layers but couldn’t find a great fit on outerwear. I’m 6’6” 265-270lbs

Good luck! The only thing I’ve found for technical gear that fits big & tall guys is Pnuma. I tried Sitka & first lite & it runs small. Got some great base layers but couldn’t find a great fit on outerwear. I’m 6’6” 265-270lbs
It sucks because I have always wanted Sitka gear and hear that it's amazing stuff. How do you like your Pnuma gear and what temps do you hunt down too?

I like it better than the first lite I had. Once it’s below 25 deg all day I’m in a HBS but this gear is fine to that point. That icon heated vest makes a huge difference.

I'm 6'-1" 220 and fanatic XL fits me fine. I have a little room to layer up and could probably be a couple inches taller and the bibs would still work fine.

One gripe is the calf of the bibs will barely zip over size 13 muck boots. Feels like you're going to blow the zipper out. Mine are a few years old so they may have changed that.

Last edited:
Im 5' 8" 230 with 36 waist, and my Stratus jacket is 2XL , I have a Finatic vest and first bought 2XL but was too big, exchanged for XL No problem with exchange.

I am 6'4" and fluctuate between 250lbs and 260lbs. I wear 40x34 levis. Typically wear and XL or XLT or XXL hoody depending on the brand. I am looking at purchasing the Stratus set and Fanatic set. The Sitka stuff is spendy so I really want to make sure its going to fit good! What sizes do you all wear and what are your heights/weights?
I'm 6'3" 220 and not chubby. XL in all thier goods fit perfect. 46-48 jacket.
Hope this helps
Rev

Thanks guys, I ended up getting everything in XXL. I want to lose weight but I figured I could just resell this stuff on here if I ever do lose those 40lbs!

Back