• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sladder by greyskwerel

htimsds9999

Sladder now available. Ordered one, anxious to try it out.

I’m hella intrigued. Price point kinda sucks but otherwise I’m really anxious for more on this to come

Y'all think a tree squeeze would work with that setup? I'd feel more comfortable moving up that way.

I don’t understand the price point objections. Rare case where I don’t have the urge to buy it but it isn’t because of the price. Half the dollars of 4 sticks and if it’s your cup of tea it appears a person would be able to just keep moving it climb 40 feet up if they were so inclined.

I use a rated climbing loop and biner instead of accessory cord and a non-rated biner for a tree squeeze. I just girthed hitched to my lb but I probably should tie it in with a prussic knot.

Thanks woodsdog2. I own the cable style squeeze but I think the method in the video would be less involved andfunctional with less bulk. My understanding is the squeeze would need to go over the aider portion while climbing Trying to ensure the aider could function with the squeeze over it. Or could I operate the squeeze under the aider? Could force the aider further from the tree with the utility cord making foot placement easier, but the aider would put additional force on the cord. Hmmmm. Thanks again.

I don’t understand the price point objections. Rare case where I don’t have the urge to buy it but it isn’t because of the price. Half the dollars of 4 sticks and if it’s your cup of tea it appears a person would be able to just keep moving it climb 40 feet up if they were so inclined.
I don’t pay 450 for 4 sticks, although I realize I’m in the minority on this forum. I won’t pay more than $60 per stick. Never paid more than $200 for 4. The fact that it’s $200+ and only gets me 1/3 as high as 4 sticks…I think my own $ is better directed towards broadheads, fuel, and hopefully taxidermy.

I don’t pay 450 for 4 sticks, although I realize I’m in the minority on this forum. I won’t pay more than $60 per stick. Never paid more than $200 for 4. The fact that it’s $200+ and only gets me 1/3 as high as 4 sticks…I think my own $ is better directed towards broadheads, fuel, and hopefully taxidermy.
I should clarify, I still really like the design. $150 and under, I’d probably pick one up. I realize there’s a LOT of sewing involved and time/labor is expensive, but even my whole Kestrel kit cost just over $200 when I bought it brand new.

I'm not sure where you get the 1/3 as high as 4 sticks. With the sladder you can climb as high as you want. 7 feet, 14 feet, 21 feet, 28 feet, etc. Your only limitation is then you have to get down from there.

I agree that I think it is a fair price in this day and age. Is it pricey? Yes, just like everything else. But it is an attempt at a novel climbing method and there is a significant startup cost that goes along with that. I think it's a great idea and I hope it works out but I think it will always be a niche method. We have seen that it took over a year since this was introduced to us to then go to market and he has to make his money somehow. If this idea works as well as many of us hope then it will come in at around half the price of some of the high end sticks and maybe just a little higher than your average climbing method.

this can get you as high as you can climb...i agree though 199 is pretty high for what it is....just my opinion though

Back