• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Slinging Webs with Thread

Schwonkhead

The stitching is definitely not the best looking, but I completed stage one of my Anderson style sling tonight. I've taken a lot of the ideas from the Wraptor build by @Bwhana, @always89y videos, and some of @JCLINE84's postings in my design. The main panels are one continuous piece of seatbelt webbing, then I used four 12 inch pieces to create the support. Up next is some tubular webbing for molle and lineman loops.
IMG_0934.jpgIMG_0935.jpg

Stitching looks good and straight. As far as tubular webbing I’ve found it easier to get good results on molle with flat webbing that’s rated for as much or more than the tubular stuff. But tubular works fine and is what aerohunter uses. If you get stuck with any part of your build feel free to holler at me

Stitching looks good and straight. As far as tubular webbing I’ve found it easier to get good results on molle with flat webbing that’s rated for as much or more than the tubular stuff. But tubular works fine and is what aerohunter uses. If you get stuck with any part of your build feel free to holler at me
Thanks for the advice, I hadn’t thought about the workability of tubular. My machine might struggle going through five layers, the doubled-over tube plus the main chassis. I’ll be sure to post updates along the way, slow process between work, kids, and home improvements though, took me almost a month to get this far.

And thats what is so great about this site...hunters helping other hunters

Back