• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Small but strong carabiner

okccj

I'm looking for suggestions on a small, yet adequately rated, carabiner for attaching my bridge to my saddle. The smaller the better as I'm trying to reduce bulk, but still want the ability to completely and quickly remove my bridge. Much thanks in advance.

+2 on the Bravo Locker, Trango Superfly is amlost identical but shiny orange instead of matte black

2 questions...
is that an auto lock or a screw lock?
And
How does the shape of the cross section work with Ropeman 1? Seems like some of the ones that aren't round don't lay flat with a R1.
Screw lock. It works pretty well with a ropeman (I'm using a 2). It will not always automatically fall into the correct spot with it because of it's small curve, sometimes you have to loosen the rope a touch to adjust it, but it's not a big deal. Once it's sitting in the right spot it's great.

2 questions...
is that an auto lock or a screw lock?
And
How does the shape of the cross section work with Ropeman 1? Seems like some of the ones that aren't round don't lay flat with a R1.
Here is the same thing but in a rounder profile. I have two of each type now. They are the same size.

Here is the same thing but in a rounder profile. I have two of each type now. They are the same size.
I bought a few of those round style Metolious a few months ago at REI. I carried my tether and R1 into the store and checked every carabiner brand/style on their shelf. I thought the round one work best (with the R1) of everything they had in stock.

I bought a few of those round style Metolious a few months ago at REI. I carried my tether and R1 into the store and checked every carabiner brand/style on their shelf. I thought the round one work best (with the R1) of everything they had in stock.
I have since thought I could have nothing but these and do fine for everything. Rope runs smoothly over the round profile.

If you think rope is smooth, try a webbing bridge. Like a baby's bottom, smooth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I am using a 24 inch Dyneema sling for a bridge. Doubled over I have a 12 inch bridge. It is the best and easiest system I have tried.

I am using a 24 inch Dyneema sling for a bridge. Doubled over I have a 12 inch bridge. It is the best and easiest system I have tried.
That is basically what I just switched from except my finished bridge was 22" (loop to loop).
It was nice, it was easy, but IMO, the webbing bridge is as good as it gets.

Back