• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Small Frey or ? on my bridge.

EDUDAJR

Is this an issue with this type of bridge? I’ve been using it all summer and no issues. However it’s a mantis and I’m used to my trophyline (webbing style bridge. Small fibers not really a tear or frey.

Attachments

• A42B5F0D-102E-4D07-B81B-9BE73575DBE7.jpeg
    A42B5F0D-102E-4D07-B81B-9BE73575DBE7.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 51
That’s the strands of the buried tag end. Nothing to be worried about.

Plus it’s amsteel. It frays.

Now then, get your equipment--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
Genesis 27:3

You can try and stuff it back in. My first thoughts go to melting with a Lighter. But I’m sure to get flamed for that (see what I did there?).

All in all, nothing to worry about

Now then, get your equipment--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

You can try and stuff it back in. My first thoughts go to melting with a Lighter. But I’m sure to get flamed for that (see what I did there?).

All in all, nothing to worry about

No. Amsteel cannot be melted! Don't try.

The OPs situation with the end of the bury sticking out is a common question here. Its nothing to worry about.

I suppose that the very end of the frey could be pulled out, trimmed back, and milked back into the core, but it would strictly be aesthetic and would have no effect on strength.

Back