• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sneaky-Sak modify or sell?

They're like a big buck (single Web setup) with leg loops that buckle, and an extended back a section that clips above the waist. Lead (tether) is designed to anchor to a branch over head instead of tree trunk so more like an "air chair" than what we consider a traditional saddle these days. They're pretty cool, I've always wanted to get my hands on one....

I had one once and could never get comfortable in it so I never used it. I'd sell it (there's buyers for it out there) and put that money towards what you want.

Yup, it’s complicated but goes on you pretty quick once you understand. I find it useless for saddle hunting as we know it. I’ve mostly used it to hang just inches off the ground back against a tree instead of sitting in the swamp islands soggy ground.

I had one and used it back in the day when I climbed trees with no steps or aids at all. I used to target big maples with a lot of branches to use that thing. Not very comfy but pretty effective for certain applications. Nothing like a saddle because the tree is behind you and you need something to stand on.

I think that's what this is. Bought it in the late 80s from an outfit in Utah. I couldn't figure out how to use it facing away from the tree so I turned the bridge around, but then it was so uncomfortable I tried spreading the seat out with the plywood foam model seen here. Still didn't work, so it's been collecting dust ever since. Now seeing how bridge attachments on saddles are sewn on I have some ideas. Might be able to salvage it after all these years.

Sorry, new phone, couldn't resize till I got educated. Here's the picture

Attachments

• 20190205_131931.jpg
    20190205_131931.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 31
Back