• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

So I got my sit drag today....

Live2huntt

Thanks @d_rek!! I got to mess around with it for 45mins or so before it got dark. 99% of the discomfort I have is on the bottom edge of the saddle. Is that what y'all call hip pinch? I moved the tether quite a bit and moved the saddle up and down, but nothing really seemed to help. No matter what I tried the bottom edge of the material always seemed to be cutting into me. Any recommendations? Also it has a fixed amsteel bridge so no adjustment there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hip punch is usually in the top edge. Try sliding it down lower. Not uncommon to have it riding your thighs. You could always remove the lock stitch and unsheath one of the fixed eyes in the amsteel and just tying the other end with a figure 8 retrace to get more length. Or ditch the amsteel completely and use webbing or some other rope.

Also could be pressure points from a belt or some other seam in whatever your wearing beneath the saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is the exact place where I get my hip pinch from my sit drag also, lower area. G2 has a YouTube video on his channel on how to attach padding to the sling. I use a piece of foam that you would kneel on while gardening as my extra padding. I haven't really used it this year though because I think I am in better saddle shape from my summer practice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That is the exact place where I get my hip pinch from my sit drag also, lower area. G2 has a YouTube video on his channel on how to attach padding to the sling. I use a piece of foam that you would kneel on while gardening as my extra padding. I haven't really used it this year though because I think I am in better saddle shape from my summer practice.

Yeah I think more padding would definitely help. I just had on a thin pair of shorts since it was 96° here today...I will look up his video.

Although Amsteel is super strong and light, It's low melting point and low abrasion resistance makes it a little iffy for hard use as life support. If you do any rope descents where there's a chance for it to rub, I'd definitely change it out. The ability to lengthen or shorten your bridge is a big plus for comfort too.

How high is your tether? The lower your tether the more pressure towards your back. You should be closer to a 45 degree teher angle. At least that is my preference. Im 6'2", my tether is shoulder to chin height

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

How high is your tether? The lower your tether the more pressure towards your back. You should be closer to a 45 degree teher angle. At least that is my preference. Im 6'2", my tether is shoulder to chin height

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I tried it a various heights. I need to get some knee pads to see how sitting feels. This was my 1st time in any type of saddle and I leaned the whole time.

Hopefully I can get comfortable enough with it until my Mantis arrives.....

I never ever got comfortable in a sit drag. I hated the thing.

I never ever got comfortable in a sit drag. I hated the thing.
When I first got it, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread...the more I hunted out of it the more I realized that there had to be something better. The last hunt I made out of it was just pure misery. I could never find a great amount of forgiveness in setting the tether. If I ever found the right one, somehow it would not be the correct one the next time. Still a cool little product, with some very good thinking involved in it's development.

I love a sitdrag huge fan. use of a back band might help

if I can get this Kestrel to be as comfortable Ill be in business. I think ill end up in a Mantis at some point

I forgot to add, make sure that you empty your pockets, all of them.

Found this out on my first hunt earlier this week, I had gloves, facemask, release, phone, etc all in either my pant pockets or jacket pockets. Well you cant access any of those once the saddle is on! I Not to mention the discomfort aspect. will end up moving all that stuff to my cargo pockets on my pants, or put them in the dump pouches i have attached on the saddle.

Back