• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

So what is the best way to carry a platform, sticks and a crossbow.

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
The mystery ranch pop up??

ALPS OutdoorZ Matrix Hunting Pack - this is what I plan to use.

Any opinions... I know get rid of the crossbow... I cannot shoot anything else - left shoulder problems. Suggestions

Nothing at all wrong with the crossbow. Fun times can be had with them and good luck on your up coming season.

I was surfing the classified on this site yesterday and ran across a back pack built for a cross bow that a guy could modify some with some strapping off amazon for less than 10 bucks. Looks pretty sweet. Might check it out on the classifieds.

I am honestly tossing the idea but trying to make due since I am always out a lot of money on this sport anyhow and new to saddles this year I am still trying to fab one up myself that fits my needs.

Keep us posted on what you decide my friend and have a blessed day.

Have you seen the game plan gear crossover? This could be setup pretty solid I think, unless you need a lot of clothing room/etc.

edit...sorry, didnt fully read post above, the pack in the classifieds is the crossover....

I have to imagine one of the huge benefits of the crossbow is being able to pull up and take a shot much easier while walking. But I guess I could see the value in having it on my back just like my bow for long walks in or out in the dark.

I think any pack with a load shelf, and compression straps will get the job done - you can put sticks/platform in load shelf and Xbow on outside of pack with compression straps. I just got my hands on the PopUp, and it could work fine.

Back