• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SOLD C-IV Spliced Tether SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brocky

SH Member
8’ long, stopper tied with extra cover. $25, PayPal f&f or add 3%
98A79145-8476-46F7-AD4A-9112D967FAC2.jpeg

Last edited:
The single overhand seems to be enough when using the band on the Sticht, on the right, the bends restrict the load. When fully weighted the stopper can easily be wiggled, showing little load is reaching it. If I’m going to be using it for a long time I’ll add the second overhand after testing it.
The stopper alone,like on the Michoacán, the left one, needs two, although I’ve used just one for short tests with no movement.
The stopper needs to be completely set, I pull each tail three to four times while massaging the knot to remove all the slack.

Maybe you mean the stopper on the tether, yes will definitely stop any hitch.

I take this one and work with you on some other rope. Plus I know you'll throw something else cool in there.

A sort of shock absorber could be created by adding a little slack before the knot to keep from slamming into the stopper.

The stiffness would be a plus for a linesmens with a tough cover. The splice used retains more than 95% of its break strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back