• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sold: Cabela's Wooltimate Vest (M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beej32

$60 TYD. Size Medium.

I got two of these before the start of the season and realize I only need one. This one's never been worn but has had one scent-free wash.

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 96
How do you like it? Thinking of getting the full jacket. Interested in how heavy it is to carry in, and noise.

Some comments on Cabelas say the wind barrier is noisy. One of my mail goals is a quiet outer layer that also blocks wind.

How do you like it? Thinking of getting the full jacket. Interested in how heavy it is to carry in, and noise.

Some comments on Cabelas say the wind barrier is noisy. One of my mail goals is a quiet outer layer that also blocks wind.

Tbh it's become my favorite piece, but that's as much a comment on the utility of a warm vest than on this specific vest.

I'd say it's on the heavy-ish side. The vest weighs more than a light fleece jacket, and it doesn't pack super small, but plenty small to stuff in my pack with all my other gear.

It's tough to quantify the noise, but the barrier certainly adds a bit. There's so little movement around your core that it's not an issue with the vest, but I could see full sleeves being a different story. I'd say it's comparable to the noise level of softly rubbing two pieces of denim together. This doesn't mean the liner material is denim-like at all though- it's very soft.

Do you think this runs small or true?

Not sure I'm the best judge but I'd say it runs true. I'm about 5'10" 155. The length is about right and it's loose enough to wear over a relatively thick UA coat, but I'm not swimming in it directly over a base layer. I've worn the other one as both a mid layer and an outer layer (both inside and outside of said coat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back