• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sons 1st Crossbow deer

Antirain

SH Member
20231006_223001.jpg
I was going to get out for a saddle sit tonight but my youngest son showed up from college so I went out and sat with him. He ended up getting his 1st crossbow deer on his 1st sit tonight! We hunt on a clients property that has a couple small meadows and scattered apple trees on much of it. This meadow has a couple apple trees nearer the far side (60 yards) from our ladder stand. This is a very good spot as my older son took 2 deer there last year and 1 each the 2 years before, one a decent 8 pntr. I've been tempted to sit it this year to help out my Team 6 with a nearly guaranteed doe but probably will let the oldest hunt it next. The few times Ive hunted it alone, I've always seen deer, just nothing I was ready to shoot. Bucks are usually spikes and fork horns.

Back