• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sons first buck

TMerritt2011

He weekend of september 14th and 15th was the youth hunt this year here in michigan. I started my son hunting last year and he shot a doe. This year he told me he was all in for a buck or nothing at all. Friday evening rolls around and we headed to the family property, as we were sitting down to dinner we looked thru the window there was a buck and three does. This buck had clearly just finished shedding his velvet as his antlers were still slightly pink. My boy points to that buck and says i wanna shoot that one... so we get ready to hunt saturday morning with nothing to show for all day saturday. Not a deer one all day. Sunday morning the alarm goes off and when i wake him up he says he doesnt wanna go. At this time i had a headache from hell and am not going to push the issue. I ask one more time and he finally agrees to get around. Because of my headache and the ti.e i have left before daylight i decide i can sleep in the blind as he is playing a game on his kindle. At 7 oclock i just happen to look up and see antler tips thru the window. Its that same buck! He settles his crossbow on tje shoulder and sends the bolt on its way. Right where it needed to be. Other then in the early morning light the deer was quartered to us more then i could see. After a 200 yard track job we find his buck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-190107_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-190107_Gallery.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 102
Awesome. Great story and he definitely will be hooked for life.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Now ive got to wait for regular season to start here in michigan because his first buck is better then my biggest. Lol

Back