• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Soon to be a new saddle hunter from MI

MI_Tom

Feb 29, 2020
SE Michigan
Hello,
I'm Tom from SE Michigan, if my name didn't already give that away;) Like most new guys on here, I've been reading and watching everything I can about saddle hunting for a couple years or more. I was afraid to make the switch from stand hunting to saddle hunting due to a previous back surgery, but after talking to John Eberhart and Ernie from Tethrd the last 2 yrs at the Outdoorama I feel comfortable in my decision to give it a try! What sealed the deal for me was being able to sit in the Phantom last week at the show. It was my first time sitting in a saddle and i was like, wow this isn't so bad, I might actually like this style of hunting! What amazed me was, I'm standing there talking to the Tethrd guys and not one of them were trying to sell me their saddle, not even Ernie! All they wanted to do is to show me this style of hunting is comfortable and a great way to hunt, they didn't care if I bought their saddle, another brand or made my own. That spoke volumes about Ernie and the Tethrd crew!! They would rather see someone enter the saddle hunting world than buy the saddle they're selling. So thank you Tethrd for being patient with me while I hung in your saddle asking a lot of questions and for being my witness that my wife said in front of them that I was "allowed" to buy a saddle!! lol
I'm looking forward to this next obsession and all that I will learn from everyone here on Saddle Hunter!

Blacksmith

SH Member
Dec 10, 2018
Bucyrus OH
I went to full time saddle hunting because of back surgery and have never looked back. I also use a back band and its really compfortable

Reactions: MI_Tom

Jeff F.

Jul 26, 2018
Hello,
I'm Tom from SE Michigan, if my name didn't already give that away;) Like most new guys on here, I've been reading and watching everything I can about saddle hunting for a couple years or more. I was afraid to make the switch from stand hunting to saddle hunting due to a previous back surgery, but after talking to John Eberhart and Ernie from Tethrd the last 2 yrs at the Outdoorama I feel comfortable in my decision to give it a try! What sealed the deal for me was being able to sit in the Phantom last week at the show. It was my first time sitting in a saddle and i was like, wow this isn't so bad, I might actually like this style of hunting! What amazed me was, I'm standing there talking to the Tethrd guys and not one of them were trying to sell me their saddle, not even Ernie! All they wanted to do is to show me this style of hunting is comfortable and a great way to hunt, they didn't care if I bought their saddle, another brand or made my own. That spoke volumes about Ernie and the Tethrd crew!! They would rather see someone enter the saddle hunting world than buy the saddle they're selling. So thank you Tethrd for being patient with me while I hung in your saddle asking a lot of questions and for being my witness that my wife said in front of them that I was "allowed" to buy a saddle!! lol
I'm looking forward to this next obsession and all that I will learn from everyone here on Saddle Hunter!

My main motivation for saddle hunting was comfort and dealing with my funky back. I had some serious back issues in the past. Luckily sitting is what agitates it the most (and not moving). The saddle allows me to lean, stand, and sit in a more neutral position which is better for my back.

Reactions: MI_Tom

MI_Tom

Feb 29, 2020
SE Michigan
It’s great to hear all the positives of saddle hunting back issues! I can’t wait until my saddle arrives!! Thanks guys