• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

South Alabama Milkweed.

Tr33_n1nj@

SH Member
Found these pods yesterday South of Montgomery, AL. Picked a couple left the rest to continue to mature on the plant. Didn’t take pics of the plant because it was tangled in with some honey suckle and really couldn’t find any other different leaves, definitely not the same plant though I could see them both coming out of the ground. Posting pics because these do not look like the northern milkweed pods, but they are a vining species. So if you can find these in the southern woods you got yourself some good old milkweed. I promise it’s not okra, lol.
65ABBF2F-3D3C-402C-A3CC-704C8B2291E6.jpeg

The one I happened upon is at least a 2 yr old vine It’s growing up in other stuff but it has shoots up about 7-8 feet and has pods from my knees to above my head. Never saw the blooms, and they are all gone now. It’s about 3/4 of the way up a small hill from a creek but stays moist due to the amount of ground cover. Wish I could give you something better to go on to find it. Good luck.

Back