• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Southwest Va. Newbie

ThebigD

Life long bow hunter with zero experience with saddles looking to get into the game. My name is Chandler and i am 30 years of age and i hunt a mix between private and public land here in Southwest Va. I have been shocked at the amount of helpful information that ive read already on this sight and im excited to try this new method of hunting.

Hey man! Welcome to this awesome obsession!! What county are you in? I’m in Christiansburg and hunt in Craig, Giles and Montgomery.

Welcome from Alabama! I’m new to saddles also! Great forum for sure! Good luck this year! How are you climbing?
I think im going to get a LWHC for when i hunt public because I like the idea of killing two birds with one stone. For the private land i will prep trees with screw in steps or use the muddy sticks i already own. What method are you using?

I think im going to get a LWHC for when i hunt public because I like the idea of killing two birds with one stone. For the private land i will prep trees with screw in steps or use the muddy sticks i already own. What method are you using?
Hawk heliums. I hate sticks but they are quick up the tree

Back