• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Speedy Stitcher knot

public_land

Might be a dumb question...

I find videos all over on how to use a speedy stitcher, but I cannot find any thing on how to finish the stitch. I read in one thread about a "bury" but not sure how or what that is referring to. Anyone have a video on how to finish a stitch?

thanks

It's just a square knot, left over right, right over left, is how I remember that knot from my boy scout days, you can go right over left and left over right as well. The biggest thing I learned was the side of the speedy stitcher you pass the thread on while putting it through the loop on the back side of the fabric does matter, took me a few tries of tangles before I figured that out, lol.

Thanks for the replies. I am considering attempting to DIY. I want to start out by making a knaider and a multistep aider. They look fairly simple and would pair nicely with my WE Stepps. I want o practice the knaider/aider climbing method to reduce my pack weight from 8 to 4 stepps. I was visiting the in laws and my mother in law has an old school singer sewing machine she is willing to give me. I am going to do some research on it to see if it can handle stitching through webbing and other heavier materials. If it can't, I will be going the speedy stitcher route. Now that I have the info on finishing a stitch (and that it is extremely simple) I have no worries with going with the speedy stitcher.

Back