• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Splicing Yale Bandit Rope

ramjet

Has anyone spliced an I in Bandit rope. I'm have a problem when I try to pull the core threw the outer cover, the cover will not open up so the core can be pulled out.

Spliced a bunch of it. I use a knitting needle and start separating the strands in the cover until I can see a little of the core. Then run the knitting needle down in that hole and start working it under the core. It takes a little muscle but once you get under it, it should come right out. It helps to work the rope (rolling/pinching) in the exact spot you want to take the core out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the core then come out in one piece?I have watch u-tube to learn how to splice rope. I see that the method is different depending on the type of rope. There was not a video on 24 strand rope so I am at a loss as to how to splice the bandit rope. I did watch them splice a 16 strand and wondered if it would be the same for 24 strand. They did not put the center core back in the cover. but they did pull the the cover back threw the cover.

Spliced a bunch of it. I use a knitting needle and start separating the strands in the cover until I can see a little of the core. Then run the knitting needle down in that hole and start working it under the core. It takes a little muscle but once you get under it, it should come right out. It helps to work the rope (rolling/pinching) in the exact spot you want to take the core out.

I made these for that same purpose.
12764552_10207455802266941_8390724393882243080_o.jpg

Does the core then come out in one piece?I have watch u-tube to learn how to splice rope. I see that the method is different depending on the type of rope. There was not a video on 24 strand rope so I am at a loss as to how to splice the bandit rope. I did watch them splice a 16 strand and wondered if it would be the same for 24 strand. They did not put the center core back in the cover. but they did pull the the cover back threw the cover.

Yes the core of the bandit is woven together and comes out like another rope from the core.

Where can I find instruction on how to make the splice for bandit rope?

Any video on double braid will work for the bandit. There's a really good video I watch any time I need a refresher on it look up "splicing double braid" by NewEnglandRopes on YouTube. It's a great, very easy to follow vid!

Back