• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spot Hogg Wiseguy Finger Release

River Hunter

In the past 3 years I'm on my third release, and I firmly believe I've found THE ONE. The Spot Hogg Wiseguy.

Prior to this I was using a Tru Ball Max Hunter Pro 4. When I was on, I was ON. But any imperfection in my form totally threw off my groups to dangerous levels.

Prior to that I was using a Tru Glo Detonator with a BOA strap. The trigger was good but no matter how quiet I was getting set up, the loudest part of my set up was the BOA strap. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK :dizzy::fearscream:. Super loud, inconsistent fit, and uncomfortable due to plastic threads in the elastic digging into my wrist.

So I'm at the archery range :)hearteyes: Cabin Fever in Victoria, Minnesota :hearteyes:) shooting terribly with my Detonator when the archery tech approaches me.

Archery Tech: "How do you like your release?"​
Me: "I don't"​
Archery Tech: "Here, try the Spot Hogg Wiseguy"​
(I put on the Wiseguy, shoot two arrows - second one rips the fletching off the first)​
Me:
takemymoney.PNG
After spending a month with it, I have to say I am in love with this release. This is the best I have ever shot and while I would like to take 100% credit, the release was the differentiating factor.

What I like:
  • Comfort and consistency: I went with the camo leather strap, it's super comfortable, consistent, easy to attach, and quiet.
  • Flips back out of the way: The Wiseguy easily flips back out of the way by flipping it against yourself and stays there. You could climb a tree with it attached.
  • Clean trigger: The adjustable trigger breaks cleanly and consistently. You can adjust it so a gnat would set it off.
  • Hook style jaw: Super quick to hook up to your D loop. The Detonator had issues with chewing up D loops whereas the Wiseguy is nicely polished and rounded. No noticeable wear on the D loop since using it.

I was looking at switching to that one as well. Glad to hear. I mean Cam Hanes uses that one and he’s a beast so can’t go wrong. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u like light triggers, it’s supposed to be an awesome release

In the past 3 years I'm on my third release, and I firmly believe I've found THE ONE. The Spot Hogg Wiseguy.

Prior to this I was using a Tru Ball Max Hunter Pro 4. When I was on, I was ON. But any imperfection in my form totally threw off my groups to dangerous levels.

Prior to that I was using a Tru Glo Detonator with a BOA strap. The trigger was good but no matter how quiet I was getting set up, the loudest part of my set up was the BOA strap. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK :dizzy::fearscream:. Super loud, inconsistent fit, and uncomfortable due to plastic threads in the elastic digging into my wrist.

So I'm at the archery range :)hearteyes: Cabin Fever in Victoria, Minnesota :hearteyes:) shooting terribly with my Detonator when the archery tech approaches me.

Archery Tech: "How do you like your release?"​
Me: "I don't"​
Archery Tech: "Here, try the Spot Hogg Wiseguy"​
(I put on the Wiseguy, shoot two arrows - second one rips the fletching off the first)​
Me:
After spending a month with it, I have to say I am in love with this release. This is the best I have ever shot and while I would like to take 100% credit, the release was the differentiating factor.

What I like:
  • Comfort and consistency: I went with the camo leather strap, it's super comfortable, consistent, easy to attach, and quiet.
  • Flips back out of the way: The Wiseguy easily flips back out of the way by flipping it against yourself and stays there. You could climb a tree with it attached.
  • Clean trigger: The adjustable trigger breaks cleanly and consistently. You can adjust it so a gnat would set it off.
  • Hook style jaw: Super quick to hook up to your D loop. The Detonator had issues with chewing up D loops whereas the Wiseguy is nicely polished and rounded. No noticeable wear on the D loop since using it.
Love the wise guy. I shot that one for 3 years and last year I switched to the one that’s just a strap and doesn’t fold out if the way. I feel the same about how it instantly made my groups tighter.

I was looking at switching to that one as well. Glad to hear. I mean Cam Hanes uses that one and he’s a beast so can’t go wrong. Lol

Now I just need to make my 60 yard groups look like his 160 yard groups

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back