• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Squeaky Pulleys strike again

catman529

Got a brand new bow and shot this doe on the 2nd sit with it yesterday morning. Bear Paradox (does not squeak) shot from my squeaky pulley system (Tethrd Mantis) at 10 yards from the tree. Saw about 8 deer total including a nice 9 point right after I climbed up. It was the first morning in the 40s here, a relief after all the 95 degree days I’ve been hunting. Today it’s in the mid 30s, and I’m back in a tree swinging around like a monkey

eafe459d5c5156ef6cf2d89963d9b68e.jpg

52b61beeb8bd7f0b2748269132189803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice shot. This cooler weather in Alabama is a nice change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey in all seriousness my screw lock biner i got from tethered does squeak like heck all of sudden when screwing the gate closed. what does anyone use in such a case? I am not trying to use wd 40 or stank chemical of any kind...would a little bow wax do the trick ya think?

Hey in all seriousness my screw lock biner i got from tethered does squeak like heck all of sudden when screwing the gate closed. what does anyone use in such a case? I am not trying to use wd 40 or stank chemical of any kind...would a little bow wax do the trick ya think?

I wouldn’t worry about the smell of a little grease. That’s not what the deer are gonna worry about if they get downwind. But I’d use just a drop of gun oil if I were you. Mine is starting to squeak, I’m gonna do that myself.

Love it dude.....from one Tn guy to another. So enjoy your stuff. I used to be doing stuff outdoors like you till married life took over....LOL. Keep the videos coming! Congrats on the deer, I'm certain that more deer are to come!

You can use a drop of corn or vegetable oil if you are concerned with a oil smell.

My kong triangle quick link makes a bunch of noise while screwing in the gate. Thanks for the veg oil idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dead Down Wind makes an odorless gun oil too. I use it on my deer huntin guns. But I’d go with the vegetable oil on the biner. Most of us have a bottle of that in the pantry.

Dead Down Wind makes an odorless gun oil too. I use it on my deer huntin guns. But I’d go with the vegetable oil on the biner. Most of us have a bottle of that in the pantry.

Vegetable oil dries out and gets sticky over time, I wouldn’t use it

Vegetable oil dries out and gets sticky over time, I wouldn’t use it

Ive never had any problems with it, I even use it on my bolt carrier on one of my AR15. Maybe its cause im running the cheap ol Always Save,its more oil than veggie:laughing:

Back