• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Squirrel step mods / carry ideas

Mengle

The straps aren’t so bad to wrap around the step and tuck up under itself, but I imagine when my hands are frozen it could be annoying and it is a little tedious wrapping it around the step.
I started to fold them in half and double the strap up and and only wrap it around the top part of the step. It takes about the same amount of time wrapping it up because you have to double the strap up, but it is twice as fast unpacking them.
I girth hitched some shock cord around the bottom hole to hold the straps tight without having to tuck them in.

I also realized that if you don’t wrap the strap around the part of the step you stand on, you can shove them in loose molle straps and they are very tight. I don’t really want to carry them on the back of the saddle.
I don’t have a predator pack, but if someone doesn’t mind trying it out, feedback would be greatly appreciated. I think that could be a pretty slick combo if it works out.
80f167e514068853cd10a4535bd99698.jpg
5d5dcfc112504fd7f96aa19823756f84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back