• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SRT/DRT climbing w/JX3 Hybrid

judgerunner

Sending from my phone so sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors. Wondering if anyone has SRT or DRT climbed with the JX3 saddle? If so what are the pros and cons? What was your equipment you used for ascending and descending?

SRT:

I am still ironing out everything... I use a JRB ascender or longhorn agile on the top, and a garde hitch foot loop on the bottom. One of my ropes is really stiff, so I might use my figure 8 in canyon mode and attach my garde hitch to that. The easiest way to climb so far has been to attach a lineman belt to the bridge loops instead of the lineman's loop. I will also attach the tether to the bridge loops and then to the garde hitch foot loop. If I use the attached JX3 webbing bridge, each move is shortened by a few inches. Once at height I will switch over to my jx3 webbing bridge onto my climbing/rappel rope. To descend, I use as figure eight in canyon mode that is backed up above the device with the jrb ascender/longhorn agile hitch.

SRT:

I am still ironing out everything... I use a JRB ascender or longhorn agile on the top, and a garde hitch foot loop on the bottom. One of my ropes is really stiff, so I might use my figure 8 in canyon mode and attach my garde hitch to that. The easiest way to climb so far has been to attach a lineman belt to the bridge loops instead of the lineman's loop. I will also attach the tether to the bridge loops and then to the garde hitch foot loop. If I use the attached JX3 webbing bridge, each move is shortened by a few inches. Once at height I will switch over to my jx3 webbing bridge onto my climbing/rappel rope. To descend, I use as figure eight in canyon mode that is backed up above the device with the jrb ascender/longhorn agile hitch.
Have you used this a bunch this season so far??

Back