• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SRT Transition Video?

kodiak3842

I am interested in srt for next season. Gives me time to gather equipment and practice. I have seen some videos on SRT, but it seams most just show someone climbing. Are there any videos that show detailed gear lists, and show how you hunt once at height? Do you transition to a normal tether and platform set up? If so, what are the steps and techniques used?

A video that shows a climb, transition to hunt mode, and return to the ground would be great

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

There are gear lists of what various people use. It differs some from person to person.

Some people hunt off of the climbing rope, others set a tether. To set a platform just stop at platform height, and set your platform. Then Climb up to hunting height, set your tether and gear hanging stuff up, stow any excess bits like hand ascender, and pull up your gear. Climb with platform and gear/backpack/bow hanger easily accessible (waist pouch, pull up rope, whatever). If you hang from your climbing rope, you'll want a way to secure the end so it doesn't flop all around when you move.

Back