• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stabilizing Platforms

Twenty Up

Well I'm beginning to jump ship from traditional stands to saddles after testing out the sit drag this afternoon..

I'm looking to setup a platform with the XOP seat cushion but am debating between the Amsteel rope and a traditional cam strap..

Most of the apprehension is not fully understanding the Amsteel and how you set it up. How to splice the rope into itself, etc.. Can someone please describe it for me or is there a link to accurately depict the process?

There is a "whoopie sling" thread here and a few XOP Platform build threads.

The quick and easy version (which I have) is using the XOP Hand climber seat as a climber and platform. No mods needed.

Look up Lonewolf seat and XOP Hand Climber seat platform threads

Here is a video on creating a whoopie sling. I suggest getting some and just trying it. You will find it is very easy once you get your hands on it.

721b8e0306de05371d2feba946ddfdd8.jpg

Whoopie sling out of Amsteel works great and is easy to make. I saved this pic that G2 posted a while ago and make all mine just like this
d35d84849677d8be0544d17809836adf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back