• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Standing Corn Field Camo

ThumbsMcGee

On THP’s podcast recently with [mention]John Eberhart [/mention] , he talked about hunting standing corn with a stalking method. He said something along the lines of having corn field camo, and I got to thinking about what this would look like?

Also, I loved how he stated how exhilarating it was. I find every deer that comes near me exhilarating, which I think is the reason why we hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last season I stood in the 3rd row of standing corn hoping a buck would return from the night before. I was wearing an ASAT 3d leafy suit and stood three rows from a really nice buck. He was looking directly at me for about ten seconds before he slowly turned and started walking down the first row of corn. I could see the moisture in his eyes and individual hairs on his face. It was unreal. That ASAT leafy suit is where it's at. It was CLOSE!
Also, I screwed up and didn't get him. Long story

Back