• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

started tuning up for September

alukban

I started shooting the recurves again last week in trying to start prepping/tuning up for September archery here in CT.

I find that I shoot the compound better when I shoot the recurves better - taking more muscle to shoot properly.

I only started to go after deer with a bow last year. I also only started the saddle thing last year as well! :lol:

Lemme tell you, I have forgotten everything. I have to re-read all the safety, style and footwork issues. I have to put a saddle back on and go climb a tree and try to remember my safety/self-rescue techniques and stuff.

I've got to get ready for the first of September.

I guess it wouldn;t hurt if I try to do some pull-ups and lose some danged weight while I'm at it... :mrgreen:

Yep, I seem to shoot my compound better after I have shot my recurve for a while. I always rewatch Rick Welch's video's about this time of year to get tuned up. I seem to prep for hunting season during Tarpon season and prep for Tarpon season during hunting season. It's the only way I can stay ahead of the game!

lol to you both. I have been a bit slow this year. Lots of work around the house/yard and getting ready for the baby. I did manage to get some hunting stuff re-organized yesterday, cut down 6 new arrows that i ordered and started looking over the few spots I was able to scout out this winter.

It will be the first time hunting the archery fall season this year which starts September 15.

I've never had to deal with leaves and heat + camo before so everything new to me.

I did take lots of notes during last year's winter season about where "they should be" this September.

The biggest problem for me getting enough creds with the spousal unit to get out and do it.

alukban said:
The biggest problem for me getting enough creds with the spousal unit to get out and do it.
lol. enough said

Back