• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

State specific sub-forum?

WildBill

I’m unsure of the logistics or if it would be possible, but I was thinking it might would be nice to have state specific sub forums on here. I’m even unsure if sub forum is the correct nomenclature haha!

I do see a fair amount of posts that say something like hey I’m from “North Carolina( insert your state here) I want to organize a get together“. I happen to be on Facebook so there is a group called Carolina saddle Hunter which takes care of North Carolina and South Carolina but not everyone is on Facebook so I thought it might be an interesting idea to implement on saddlehunter.com if it’s logistically possible.

Regardless, I really love this forum and I’ve learned a lot.

I know birds of a feather flock together. I think it's human nature that folks with like interests, or from similar geographic, ok here goes, this is me talkin all fancy, socioeconomic backgrounds find comfort in commonality. For me the great wonder of this site is that it's not that. I enjoy the posts from the guys and gals down south like in CT, and NJ. It's the variety that gives this site it's shine. I know I forgot FL, GA, LA, Al, and AR, as well as the folks from that great country to the north. My fear would be if we sub divided the site like that we might lose something. I also know if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

@Kurt i agree with that as well. I was thinking mostly to assist with meetups and trying to link up with other locals and see who is in your area. Something like “State events/meetups/issues”. If done that way it’d probably require a moderator for each state that is willing to delete threads that don’t meet the requirement of sticking to meetups or state issues.

There probably isn’t a way to restrict it too that but that was my primary reason for thinking about it.

Last edited:
There’s been quite a few state/region specific get togethers. When they happen there’s a thread for them & most that it’s relevant to will follow that thread & I believe that accomplishes a similar thing as what your saying. Also w/ the saddle hunter map, most site users know the locals in their area.

Louisiana has a thread. It started with trying to have a get together, share scouting story's, ect. I don't think that it gets posted in much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back