• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Staying more vertical in the Sit Drag

justsomedude

Sitting in the Sit Drag ironically is a drag...not something you would do for very long.

I work at a standing desk and use a "Wobble Stool" that you just lean back against when you don't want to fully stand up. It allows you to stretch you legs and hips while still getting some support. The Sit Drag is pretty comfortable if you stay more upright.

I was shooting a 69" Longbow out of it this morning with he more upright position. No problem.

Wobble Stool.jpg

Thats how some of us are already using our saddles. Eye level hook up for me after Im leaning, not standing straight up eye level. Then I use a long bridge and short tether. I lean into it like leaning against a pool table, not sitting in it like a chair.

I think this is where my difference comes in on a lot of things. I'm a sitter.

I can lean far longer then I can sit. Might be an age thing or the fact that my belly is more developed then red's? :)

I can lean far longer then I can sit. Might be an age thing or the fact that my belly is more developed then red's? :)
I'm up a few pounds since the baby came Dave so I'm working on it lol.

I'm totally a sitter. My I'm less antsy and my legs don't get tired as fast. Im however not a big fan of knees on the tree so I tend to use my web because of the whale tail

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm totally a sitter. My I'm less antsy and my legs don't get tired as fast. Im however not a big fan of knees on the tree so I tend to use my web because of the whale tail

I don't have a problem with my knees if I'm not doing a 3 or 4 hour sit. But once the rut starts and I'm in the tree for day after day in a row, they start to wear down. I picked up a web that I'm hoping to use for these sits to help with that.

Yeah, my sits tend to be longer. Especially during our rifle season which tends to correspond with the rut

I'm a leaner. I'm more comfortable and shoot better from this position. It also explains my love for fine platforms.

Lol. You caught me in a lie Ernie. I'm a sitter (and a sleeper) in the web. Love that stand.

Lol. You caught me in a lie Ernie. I'm a sitter (and a sleeper) in the web. Love that stand.

That was my problem in the web. I spent more time sleeping than hunting lol. That thing was insanely comfortable!

I do both. Lean when my knees hurt and sit when they don't. Sometimes I straddle the tree and sit that way.

I'm a sitter. As much as I like the sit drag, ken sling and even the basic old Anderson sling... they are great seats but I don't like the whole leg thing. I have been trying to straddle but hard to get your steps right for that.
So I'm looking at the Treesuit more and thinking of how I may replicate it in something more simple that still gives me a solid rest away from the tree.

Back