• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Steak au poivre

Stanlew24

Get you a steak. Beef, venison, lamb or pretty much any meat will work, although I have only.made it with red meats. Get you some black peppercorns and crush them so you have nice cracked black pepper. Salt your steak, then roll it in the pepper, you want it fairly coated. Get some fat smoking in a pan. Set your steak in the pan and dont touch for 5 minutes. Flip for 5 minutes. (Or a little longer for more well steak). Pour a shot of brandy or cognac, turn off the flame, throw the booze in the pan, and light it with a lighter. Scrape the bottom of the pan. Add a half cup of cream and turn the heat back on to medium. Stir until thickened like you want it. Pour the sauce on the steak and eat it.

I’d say so. I have many years experience cooking professionally, so I am picking up what you’re laying down. Keep the ideas coming. Good Eats is my all time favorite television show

Only professional cooking I ever did was prep patipan squash and teach our cooks how to make real biscuits and gravy when me and the pops opened a restaurant years ago. We where open a year. We actually closed on my 30th birthday lol.

Back