• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth step ladder

T-Mike

Oct 30, 2018
Louisiana
Anyone ever use the Stealth Step Ladder as a platform? If so howd it work, was it stable, and did you use one or 2 steps?

Sticknstring88

Apr 10, 2016
They are nice for climbing once secured to the tree but are cumbersome to install. They also do not do well with side loading and move a lot so were a no go for me as a platform. Tried a ratchet strap and they still didn’t make a good platform. As long as you step on the middle of the step they are plenty solid for climbing. Not a bad idea for semi permanent pre-sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: T-Mike

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al
They are nice for climbing once secured to the tree but are cumbersome to install. They also do not do well with side loading and move a lot so were a no go for me as a platform. Tried a ratchet strap and they still didn’t make a good platform. As long as you step on the middle of the step they are plenty solid for climbing. Not a bad idea for semi permanent pre-sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Also noisy plastic and they are bigger than you think. Like strapping a flower pot to the tree. I’ve tried different straps and even drilled bolts into the back for stand offs. Still no good. Definitely not saddle hunter useable.

Reactions: T-Mike

Xchaos

Feb 2, 2015
Agreed they are not very good for what we do, ok for just climbing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk