• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth Steps

Freefall Hunter

Like everyone else who uses some kind of step as a platform, I am looking for the perfect step that is easy to install and can be used on public land. Has anyone used or tried the Stealth Steps? http://www.stealthstep.com/. They look like they would work well, anyone have any experience with them?

I take it you were not impressed with them? Are they solid? Easy to install? What is your overall impression?

Noisy plastic, not solid, didn't like the strap system, not good for a platform with side pressure, more bulky than WE Stepps. Probably make a good planter on a carport post.

I interacted with the owner via email...was looking to l purchase just one to test. Wouldn't sell me just one, but "had 99% satisfaction rate"... I passed- guy was sort if a sales man, but should have sold me just 1 if they were the cass meow, knowing I'd be back for more...jus my $.02.

Thanks, nah was just paying with some different platform ideas.

Noisy plastic, not solid, didn't like the strap system, not good for a platform with side pressure, more bulky than WE Stepps. Probably make a good planter on a carport post.
Just curious, did you try a ratchet strap when using as a platform? Maybe get them right enough. Thought about those for platform but would use ratchet or OCB.

Yup, I think strap slot is too long. Its angled, so jams nice straight down. But allows for tilting...

@swampsnyper looks like some guy on ebay names swampsnyper is selling some if you wanted to bulk up your collection, I bet he'd give you a deal!

Back