• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

stealth strip on release?

mschultz373

SH Member
do any of y'all have stealth strip on your bow release?

I swear mine knocks into EVERYTHING as I'm getting into the woods and climbing and is constantly clacking around.

I'm a bit wary of stripping it since I wouldn't want to impede its mechanical function, but it's also pretty noisy with the clacking.

Any thoughts?

do any of y'all have stealth strip on your bow release?

I swear mine knocks into EVERYTHING as I'm getting into the woods and climbing and is constantly clacking around.

I'm a bit wary of stripping it since I wouldn't want to impede its mechanical function, but it's also pretty noisy with the clacking.

Any thoughts?
If I was going to stealth it, it would only be in areas that do not come in contact with my fingers/hand/loop or moving parts with functional surfaces or close clearance areas. I stealth tape my madrock, just not in functional areas or where loose tape could cause a jam.

I have it on mine. Pretty much all the metal except for the trigger. I cut out the adjustment screw so I can still mess around.

Put that thing in your pocket until you are settled in your saddle, then pull it out to hunt. Probably unwise to do your climb with it on anyway. Just advice: do it as you wish.

Back