• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Step/platform combo

tntrker

Does anyone use, say 2-3 steps around the tree in addition to your platform just for a more stable footing for the "around the tree shots" or is it really not necessary? I haven't gotten to get up in the saddle yet and just thinking ahead..

Does anyone use, say 2-3 steps around the tree in addition to your platform just for a more stable footing for the "around the tree shots" or is it really not necessary? I haven't gotten to get up in the saddle yet and just thinking ahead..

Seems like people do one or the other most of the time. But you could do both. If you get a good platform though you might not need to. A good platform with good grip will let you lean around pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on adding 2 or 3 steps with my platform next season. My predator and out on a limb showed up in November but I didn't bring them in the woods with me because I didn't want to experiment with new equipment mid season so I just keep with my 5 Crawford steps I plan on adding 3 steps to my daisy chain next season and see how it works.

I use the ridge runner platform and climb with hawk helium’s. I usually place the top helium step at the same height as the platform and can walk around most of the tree. I could see adding a step to the platform, but it may be more difficult to set up.

I just use a platform and spin around on it as far as necessary. I haven't swung around the other side of the tree yet. If you can shoot in all directions you are GTG. I use a crossbow so it may be a bit easier for me.

I added a step onto the strap on my predator platform and keep it opposite the platform. It is not level with the platform, but I like having a step there. Considering a second one.

Back