• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Step rings

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al
Are you talking about ROS, Ring Of Steps? Like we use a few ameristeps on one strap with a boat buckle strap?

Kingj

Jan 2, 2019
Yes that is what I am talking about an ring of steps. I’m looking for ideas on how to make some. I’ve only seen one set of commercially available.

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
Doublesteps.com offers Squirrel Steps. They're the best option for a ring of steps on the market. Barely over a pound for 5 of them on a strap with the buckle and slightly bigger than a coke can nestled together.

JASmith

SH Member
Oct 14, 2018
Indiana
I have read in past post that nobody cares for the stealth steps. With that being said, I'm taking another look at them. I like the fact that I can place both feet on them. I know some don't like them because of size. I'm going to figure out a way to make them solid and use three for what I think would be in between a platform and ros?? Throw some free back at me.

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
I have read in past post that nobody cares for the stealth steps. With that being said, I'm taking another look at them. I like the fact that I can place both feet on them. I know some don't like them because of size. I'm going to figure out a way to make them solid and use three for what I think would be in between a platform and ros?? Throw some free back at me.
I've never owned them, but the feedback from the guys who are hardcore and have owned EVERYTHING is that they're pretty bad. I can't recall a single favorable review.

If you want something with more surface area to use as a ROS, I'd look into the wild edge steps.

Kingj

Jan 2, 2019
I was looking at the predator platform but was looking for a ring as an alternative

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al

Exactly what Nutterbuster said. I’ve owned the stealth steps.

Reactions: Nutterbuster

JASmith

SH Member
Oct 14, 2018
Indiana
I know, I'm one of those hard headed guys. Im going to try, if nothing else at least it's a good learning experience. Haha. The owner was super nice. I'm only out the shipping back cost to try it. The way it looks on this site if your only out the shipping I'm doing pretty good.

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
I know, I'm one of those hard headed guys. Im going to try, if nothing else at least it's a good learning experience. Haha. The owner was super nice. I'm only out the shipping back cost to try it. The way it looks on this site if your only out the shipping I'm doing pretty good.
Let us know how you like'em. I'm a whiz-on-the-fence-for-myself kinda guy too.