• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stepps or Sticks?

CootShooter

Hey guys,

newbie to the forum, and not a saddlehunter (yet) - will probably switch to a saddle in the near future though. I currently hunt with a RCH from a stand (either my Sit n Climb or Assault) and love it. Sitched a couple seasons ago and it was liberating... can only imaging the jump to a saddle. Anyways, when using my Assault, I have been using Big Dog Climbing Sections but I'm looking to replace with either Stepp ladder or climbing sticks (XOP or LW). I am really leaning toward the XOP sticks because they lock together and have bigger footpegs, but that Stepp ladder looks interesting. I think with whichever one I would be using an aider to get just a little bit more out of less. It used to be everyone would say Lone Wolf or nothing... what is the current consensus between you saddle hunters nowadays?

Welcome from Michigan!
I currently have three LW sticks that I modified into 24" with two steps, weight reduction holes and ropes for attachment. Approximate weight is 2 1/4 lbs. each. I also use aiders to get some extra height. They work great! Keep an eye on the classified ads here for different climbing methods for sale.
Good luck!

Hey guys,

newbie to the forum, and not a saddlehunter (yet) - will probably switch to a saddle in the near future though. I currently hunt with a RCH from a stand (either my Sit n Climb or Assault) and love it. Sitched a couple seasons ago and it was liberating... can only imaging the jump to a saddle. Anyways, when using my Assault, I have been using Big Dog Climbing Sections but I'm looking to replace with either Stepp ladder or climbing sticks (XOP or LW). I am really leaning toward the XOP sticks because they lock together and have bigger footpegs, but that Stepp ladder looks interesting. I think with whichever one I would be using an aider to get just a little bit more out of less. It used to be everyone would say Lone Wolf or nothing... what is the current consensus between you saddle hunters nowadays?
Haha, consensus has never happened with us :) I like these modified API huntin sticks. Having a double step is awesome when setting the next stick.
9ac349ffc947ea85ffd90cc1f069db2d.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Back