• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Steps and Platform

wayne r

we don't get much gear in the uk so having to make it and had a crack at a cheap set of sticks and platform, I have got some bar stock to make a proper set up and the cad drawings are almost done so i can machine the standoffs and foot pegs but to get going this will do. I have a trip over to your side of the pond planned to bow hunt for Black bear with my home made longbow, regards wayne

67414374_621907664964556_1484308824545296384_n.jpg
67552272_358817731478985_8770583927241834496_n.jpg

Looks good! Always nice to see those treehopper style platforms!
Looks good! Always nice to see those treehopper style platforms!
Thanks I have been reading many posts on here of what you all make, and I really like the simplicity of that style of platform, I will do some in ally.
I am fortunate to have a fabrication workshop to do anything I need and have just aquired an old industrial singer for kit, Regards wayne

Good job on the gear - and good luck on your hunt whenever that happens for you.

[Thread highjack time - someone (especially someone close to Tampa, FL) needs to make a few of those platforms. I'd like to buy one.]

Vermont, staying with a friend who hunts, even catching a glimps of a black bear would be great, we have to travel to hunt with our bows as it's not legal here unfortunately. I have had some great experiences in other country's for quite a few different species from moose, red deer,roe deer,chamois and Tahr also european wild boar, I enjoy hunting with different people and it is great to see how others do it, I stumbled onto this site whilst looking to get into using a saddle for hunts abroad, light weight gear I can pack, regards wayne

Vermont, staying with a friend who hunts, even catching a glimps of a black bear would be great, we have to travel to hunt with our bows as it's not legal here unfortunately. I have had some great experiences in other country's for quite a few different species from moose, red deer,roe deer,chamois and Tahr also european wild boar, I enjoy hunting with different people and it is great to see how others do it, I stumbled onto this site whilst looking to get into using a saddle for hunts abroad, light weight gear I can pack, regards wayne
Good luck Wayne! This is my VT black bear from last year. They're out there!2018-11-11 10.12.00.jpg

Good luck Wayne! This is my VT black bear from last year. They're out there!View attachment 14306
awesome picture, It has been a dream to Hunt one and at one point with having surgery thought it would not be possible, after nearly two years it is finally happening and I am fit enough again to enjoy the experience and so looking forward to everything,regards and thanks for sharing your picture, wayne

Where are you hunting bears in VT. I'm up here in Swanton VT but usually put the miles on in Jay area looking for them

Tony I think we are staying near Newark but not sure on the hunting area as such, Red Beard thanks it's a real smooth draw and the design is from A bowyer called Kenny, m or Kenny's custom archery in Missouri, if anyone's interested in making or even thinking about making one he is a great guy with some awesome materials at a good price, always willing to spend time talking you through things,regards wayne

Back