• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sterling HTP Static Rope - 9mm for Ddrt?

Im looking into using ddrt for hunting this season and I would like to use the lightest rope possible, I've seen good stuff about this rope but nothing about ddrt. Is there a good light weight rope for ddrt? Or would most people recommend srt?

I've been using this rope for Drt, nice and light to carry, I bring 45 ft along for a hunt, and it works with my petal zig zag just fine

Someone just told me about PMI 9mm EZ bend. It is lighter per foot than the sterling but I haven't tried either. Do you do drt or ddrt? @TFL

yes I really should carry 60 ft with me, but most of my set ups have a Y or a big branch at 25ft max so I can connect with the 45 ft
for going in blind and having to hunt the perfect tree somewhere I should have more
I never go in blind though, I seek out the perfect trees in the right spots and then nothing goes right anyway LOL

Im thinking about trying it but i hunt in a different state and can't get out there much beforehand. Almost if not all of my hunts are blind, besides that Im planning on hunting public land here so I might scout out some trees for that.

[mention]DanO [/mention] has some new 9mm c-IV rope that is kind of like a hybrid between oplux and htp. Not sure if it will work with this situation or not but packs/bends better than htp.

I've been using this rope for Drt, nice and light to carry, I bring 45 ft along for a hunt, and it works with my petal zig zag just fine
Have you tried using the Blake hitch style using this rope for Drt?

I use that there Sterling Oplux 8mm for both SRT & DRT works great.

I use that there Sterling Oplux 8mm for both SRT & DRT works great.
Do you have any issue with the abrasion of Drt with the oplux? I’ve heard or some people taking several feet of webbing and running the oplux through it to save the rope from the abrasion on the tree.

Do you have any issue with the abrasion of Drt with the oplux? I’ve heard or some people taking several feet of webbing and running the oplux through it to save the rope from the abrasion on the tree.
Not yet,plan on practicing all summer. I will see how it holds up.

Have you tried using the Blake hitch style using this rope for Drt?
I haven't tried a blakes hitch with it, I have used a distal hitch with a tending pulley and that worked fine
I don't need any knots with the zig zag

I guess I'm mostly worried about the thinner diameter being uncomfortable to pull. Has that been a problem for you?

Back