• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sterling OpLux sold by the foot

Arrowhunter

Anyone know where the sterling oplux rope is sold by the foot? Good looking rope I just don’t need 100ft

I haven’t found a place. I ordered mine from attackopgear, they were willing to sell 50ft lengths.

Oplux is now in stock at doublesteps.com and the price is extremely fair in my opinion.

Thanks @DanO, you really are trying to make it easier on finding stuff that can be hard to locate economically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I do that with a needle and thread from Mama's sewing kit? Serious question, do you see yourself ever offering that Service as well?
All the climbing sites make a huge deal out of people doing their own sewn eyes. That’s enough for me not to try. Treestuff offers 9mm htp with a sewn eye but they only have neon green. The deer don’t care but I don’t like bringing attention to myself from other hunters.

Can I do that with a needle and thread from Mama's sewing kit? Serious question, do you see yourself ever offering that Service as well?
Not at this time, sorry. If you need sewn eyes those will need to be ordered from an arborist site. I will be offering spliced eyes though in a custom "predator" style rope very soon.

The nice thing about 8mm Oplux is that it knots pretty small. You'll lose a bit of strength (a figure eight knot breaks at 75 to 80 percent) but it's rated at 5440 lb. On a tether the rope will fail at the girth hitch long before it fails at the knot, stitching, or splice. But I prefer sewn loops and splices for the added strength and neatness.

Anyone done a rappel with Oplux from a BD ATC-XP? Any issues, I know spec's for the BD ATC-XP indicates 7.7 mm - 11mm, so 8 mm is getting close to the lower end. Thinking of getting some and already have the BD ATC-XP, hollow block prusit and biners.

Anyone done a rappel with Oplux from a BD ATC-XP? Any issues, I know spec's for the BD ATC-XP indicates 7.7 mm - 11mm, so 8 mm is getting close to the lower end. Thinking of getting some and already have the BD ATC-XP, hollow block prusit and biners.
I would like to know this as well

@eddiegomes83 , I sent email to BD asking this exact question a while back, for single rope, their response was 8.5 is minimum (with some restrictions), so seems for single rope 9-11mm with the BD ATC-XP. I followed up that email about using 8mm OpLux using double rope mode, that is supported. But, using Oplux in that capacity means twice as much to carry. Sure there are other options to use OpLux to rapel, I just think I will end up getting 9mm to use with the BD ATC-XT I already have.

@eddiegomes83 , I sent email to BD asking this exact question a while back, for single rope, their response was 8.5 is minimum (with some restrictions), so seems for single rope 9-11mm with the BD ATC-XP. I followed up that email about using 8mm OpLux using double rope mode, that is supported. But, using Oplux in that capacity means twice as much to carry. Sure there are other options to use OpLux to rapel, I just think I will end up getting 9mm to use with the BD ATC-XT I already have.
Thanks

Back