• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stick advice

Sackman

Here's my dilemma... I have a bass pro gift card and was wanting to purchase climbing sticks with it as that will be the last piece to my puzzle after Santa brings my Tethrd Mantis (probably way late :)). The Heliums seemed like the way to go for me with the weight and step size, but they are out of stock and not even available for backorder. I can get the Lonewolf sticks, but I'm worried I wont like the single step layout. Or I can get The Mantis sticks which i think i would be comfortable climbing with but unhappy with the bulkiness while packing in. Or do i wait until next year when they stock back up on everything and suffer all year, lol?

I would wait and get something you expect you will actually like. Particularly if your saddle isn't likely to arrive until after the season is over anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you’re a registered customer of LW you should’ve recently received an email with a $50 off code. Buy LW sticks with the code, sell the BPS gift cards and use the money from them to buy DanO’s double steps. Boom. Easy peasy.

Go with the LW sticks and DanO's double steps!! Got a set of helium's and lone Wolf's... Both sets cut down to 24" (wait until you've used them awhile before cutting). Climbed with both sets today, got to 20' pretty easy. The doublestep for the lone Wolf is better than the helium's!!

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_181232942.jpg
    IMG_20181205_181232942.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 78
I’m curious, why pay the LW premium if you’re going to replace all the steps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point!! After 6 or 7 years of single step LW's and 3 years of helium's (and me getting older all that time), I started modifying them for weight and ease of use. Cheaper than buying Infalt sticks. But... If I was just starting out, I would go with Infalt sticks.

I would wait on the hawk sticks to be back in stock, and cut them down to 2-step sticks with a longer stride.

I run basically the same setup, and they are stinking bulletproof. My sticks pre-date hawk buying the design, and don’t have the milling to reduce weight, so I run heavier than true hawk sticks.

The only thing that may get me out of using them as my primary non-damage climbing method is the stepp ladder / 5-step aided / knaider method G2 posted on YouTube. We will see, this is really my last hurrah for trying to love Jim stepps.

I would wait on the hawk sticks to be back in stock, and cut them down to 2-step sticks with a longer stride.

I run basically the same setup, and they are stinking bulletproof. My sticks pre-date hawk buying the design, and don’t have the milling to reduce weight, so I run heavier than true hawk sticks.

The only thing that may get me out of using them as my primary non-damage climbing method is the stepp ladder / 5-step aided / knaider method G2 posted on YouTube. We will see, this is really my last hurrah for trying to love Jim stepps.

They are hard to love. I wish I had kept a few to try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, and as much as I would love to support Infalt, not sure I could slip that past the wifey

If money and wifey are an issue go with hawk sticks

She is more important than Dan Infalt and his nice sticks

I'm running 4 cut down helium's with a two-step aider on the first stick. 20' pretty easy (I'm only about 5-9). Cut my lone Wolf's to the same size

Three cut down helium’s with a 6 step aider will get 24 plus feet

Back