• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stick attachment change!!

PFD42

All my helium’s have the rope mod done and never had a problem until last night. Climbing down some of the bark from the white oak I was in slid from under the rope . The rope rolled down and loosened its grip, stick slipped about 6” before catching. I nearly chit myself. It may never happen again but I’ve lost confidence in the rope and ready for a change.

Buckle less webbing ?
Webbing daisy chain?
Amstel daisy chain?

I have never cared for the ropes. I like the strap with a buckle. You never get any slide or I have not because it cinches tight. I use the stacked outdoors sticks with the straps that come with them and they are rocksolid and a great platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amsteel daisy chain is what I have and it’s perfect,Just started saddle hunting this year but I’ve used sticks a long time and I’ll never use the buckles again

I used Mule tape and made daisy chains with it to try. My sticks had ropes at the time
Switched them all to daisy chains

I’m not sure what happened. I use Amsteel and a versa button and it’s very tight to the tree. We’re you using amsteel? Did the rope slip around the versa button or the bark gave and it just slid with the bark on the back side of the tree?

Back