• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stick bow help!

Cript2014

Ok so I just got my grandfathers old stick bow. I have never shot one before nor do I know anything about it. I asked him if I could have it when I was at his cabin. I think it would be awesome to shoot a deer with the same bow that he used to. With saying that I am looking for someone that knows of a good shop that can help me with these in the South Carolina/ North Carolina area. I need to make sure it’s ok to shoot and it will need a new string. The bow shop I go to is good with compounds but I have never seen a long bow in there. Just wondering if anyone knows of shop they would recommend that will take their time in helping me. I don’t have the name of the bow I left it at my dads when I got home. I’ll have it in my hands again tomorrow so I can get it then if needed. Thanks for the help in advance.

You’d be better off getting on Leatherwall or Tradtalk, Tradgang and finding someone in your area. Bow shops usually don’t know a darn thing about Stickbows.

Back