• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stitch pattern

sapper1

I am looking to do a couple of webbing projects and was wondering what stitch pattern I should use. I am looking to add some molle style webbing to my pack and some similar projects, nothing that will be put under much of a load.

If you’re just trying to add Molle you can either do bartacks or 3 straight stitches over each other. I believe standard spacing is 1.5” apart.

Yep what he said. Bartacks are mega overkill imo. Ive gone to just straight stitches for molle. Fast and works well. Pro tip: just lift presser foot and move to the next seam. You can cut all the adjoining thread when youre done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know that 7-8 stitches per inch standard but I’m thinking my next molle loops I’ll change to 4-5 per inch.

Yep what he said. Bartacks are mega overkill imo. Ive gone to just straight stitches for molle. Fast and works well. Pro tip: just lift presser foot and move to the next seam. You can cut all the adjoining thread when youre done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am putting the finishing touches on another saddle I am making for myself and will be using this 'pro tip' tonight. Why haven't you posted this tip sooner?!! Thanks LeanMachine!

Back