• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stopper ball for oplux tether

Ols

Does anyone use a stopper ball or some other device to slide up your oplux tether by the gerth hitch around the tree? If so, what are you using? Links would be appreciated

Does anyone use a stopper ball or some other device to slide up your oplux tether by the gerth hitch around the tree? If so, what are you using? Links would be appreciated

I would also love to know this. Preferably something that could maybe attach/detached from any rope you’d used for a tether. Even a DIY option would be cool to know about for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tie a second prussic loop and slide it up tight to the girth hitch loop. Works just fine.

Celtic stopper knot... think @always89y
posted a video
I just use some castration bands otherwise (can kind of see in the pic... just slide down girth hitch)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607-124843_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607-124843_Gallery.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 117
I used a stopper ball. Take a bungee ball loop. Cut off bungee. Drill 8mm hole. Put on oplux.

But girth hitching the rope around itself works even better

Screenshot_20200607-140955_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Same here... This is the best solution I’ve found. Even better than a stopper ball

Sweet idea! I think I’ve seen that here before but it just never clicked. Now if I can find something for the tapes rope where I can then still pull it down from the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a quick link on my tether so I can disconnect and reconnect easier when 1 sticking. This way I don't have to run the entirety of my tether back through to go over limbs.

This is a paracord prusik with a rubber connector from an old helium stick
Screenshot_20200607-170202.png

I really like the girth hitch idea. One thing I can't figure out is why some guys have a problem with their tether slipping down and some don't. I have not once had my tether slip down.

I use a quick link on my tether so I can disconnect and reconnect easier when 1 sticking. This way I don't have to run the entirety of my tether back through to go over limbs.

This is a paracord prusik with a rubber connector from an old helium stick
View attachment 28894
I use a quick link for the same reason, but use another carabiner that I hang my sitka tool box from.

I really like the girth hitch idea. One thing I can't figure out is why some guys have a problem with their tether slipping down and some don't. I have not once had my tether slip down.

When I used my "tethrd" tether it didn't ever slip, but since I've been using my reppel rope as my tether and one sticking it does slip.

When I used my "tethrd" tether it didn't ever slip, but since I've been using my reppel rope as my tether and one sticking it does slip.
I've used the HSS rope tether and Tethrd tether and neither slipped for me. Yeah, maybe it's a rope thing.

I double it through the eye while girth hitching to the tree. No worries about it sagging

Back