• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Storms last night

Have a daughter in Joplin, she said nothing today when she called for Father’s Day.

Got a hail storm friday evening and just plain ol thunderstorms yesterday down at camp in SE AR. I think the worst of what we got in AR was last night down in south central AR. Had some bad hail storms in a few parts of the state this past week. Lots of golf ball size stuff but some had baseball to softball size hail in them. Luckily it missed my house.

I usually only see that type of damage after a tornado. I’m gonna have to say the craziest part is how dark it is outside. It’s eerie, always a glow from Tulsa

Attachments

• IMG_8106.jpeg
    IMG_8106.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 10
I was out running trouble call Wednesday and was caught in the worst thunderstorm i have ever seen We had several crews come down from central and North Georgia One more time I am greatful to my brothers for showing up and throwing down We are still working on tidying up some odds and ends but for now everyone is back on again One more time Kinda feel like a bunch of ants Build it up for it to wash away again Storms in the forecast for the next several days down here Yall be careful Stay away from downed lines and do as little rubbernecking as possible Those guys have a lot on their plate as it is and folks being where they shouldn't be is tough on em

I usually only see that type of damage after a tornado. I’m gonna have to say the craziest part is how dark it is outside. It’s eerie, always a glow from Tulsa

I've said the same thing since seeing the damage. 200yds from my house the school lost it's bus barn, my house was unscathed aside from a few creased shingles and some downed limbs. We're still out of power as I type this but a mile north has it.

I've taken the opportunity of darkness to show my 3 and 5 yo girls how many stars there really are in the sky.

Last edited:
I Stay away from downed lines and do as little rubbernecking as possible Those guys have a lot on their plate as it is and folks being where they shouldn't be is tough on em

That's 100% percent correct. There has been to many people driving around to sight see and gawk at people's homes and utilities damaged.

Looks like the pole did what the sign said, stop being up there. LOL

Back