• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Straight scout

iamcorey

DanO has a straight scout on his site now. Anyone tried it or plan to? I do a lot of sitting and think it would be nice for my muddy pro. Already have a scout solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you already have the solo why get the one to add on your stick? I am no sticking this year and have the solo with squirrel steps to make a light weight comfy climb.

How much weight or bulk are you really dropping?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Just thinking about adding it to the stick for one sticking and not carrying the solo for those hunts.

Have the solo and a couple of squirrel steps for other ways up the tree.

Was thinking more of convenience and new shiny objects than weight/bulk reduction.

Any complaints?

No...I made it permanent on my mini shikar. I could not get it tight so that it wouldn't rotate...so that's why I did that. So far, it works good. I just shipping notification on the predator XL and may not need the Scout as my weak side platform. Either way, I have it on the top of my shikar with a double step on the bottom as well as three step aider. I may reverse the scout to the bottom and the double step to the top. I have found when I one stick that it makes it awkward for me to transition from the bottom to the scout. Simply because (I believe) that the straight scout sticks out.

The straight scout is amazing. I tried it against the angled scout. Straight scout won hands down. I have at the top of my onestick, I cant stress enough how awesome it it. I too sit the majority of the time, probably why I prefer the straight platform. Pair that puppy up with some squirrel steps and I am good to go.

I just ordered one for my hawk stick. I’ve used a predator for the last 2 seasons so curious how this will be. I am a sitter a lot of the time so I think I will like it. I will report back after playing around with it.

Back