• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Straight vs angled double step

I can't say for sure as I've only used helium's and xop/LW sticks. But if I were going to build a stick I would put an angled step on the bottom and a straight one on top...

I can't say for sure as I've only used helium's and xop/LW sticks. But if I were going to build a stick I would put an angled step on the bottom and a straight one on top...

What’s your logic? I’ve yet to figure out which I prefer.

Again never used either, so YMMV. But feel like the angled step would give real strong positive purchase/traction/stability going up/climbing, but want that top one to be straight for a bit more comfort when standing on it to either set another step or stick or as a base for a quick 2-3 hrs hunt. I frequently will hunt 2-3 hrs at AM or PM so don't need a ton of platform or whatever.

Last edited:
Again never used either, so YMMV. But feel like the angled step would give real strong positive purchase/traction/stability going up/climbing, but want that top one to be straight for a bit more comfort when standing on it to either set another step or as an base for a quick 2-3 hrs hunt. I frequently will hunt 2-3 hrs at AM or PM do don't need a ton of platform or whatever.
That makes lots of sense to me.

Back