• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Strap on steps for climbing method

Wlog

SH Member
I’ve used Cranford strap on steps for climbing. I wasn’t a fan. I’m looking to try something different. So which way should I go? Squirrel steps, bullmans, treehopper? I’m not concerned about weight really. Any of these options are light enough to suit my needs. Not sure if squirrel steps only come with OCB’s but it seems like cinch straps would be simpler. Not sure.

I’ve used Cranford strap on steps for climbing. I wasn’t a fan. I’m looking to try something different. So which way should I go? Squirrel steps, bullmans, treehopper? I’m not concerned about weight really. Any of these options are light enough to suit my needs. Not sure if squirrel steps only come with OCB’s but it seems like cinch straps would be simpler. Not sure.

I was just watching @Nutterbuster video on tying the Cranford steps and it looks way better than the original way they were meant to be tied. I’m thinking maybe I’ll revisit that.

I dealt with the fiddle factor of the Wild Edge Stepps (and weight and bulk) by only using two for climbing, and one to hang my gear on. It gets me up about 15 feet, which in most circumstances is as high as I want to be - higher and you're up in the limbs.

Back